Thread: concrete floor

concrete floor

I had my shop built. The shop had a concrete floor 4" slab. The builder used fiber mesh concrete I put plastic down underneath the steel. The floor has a semi rough finish. The question is its been a month since the pour. The floor is dusty and in some spots I can take my shoe sole and rub hard and it looks like I am making sand, not too bad though. I want to power wash it down. Wil this solve the sand / dust problem or did I get a bad load of concrete. If it was a bad load of concrete what can be down.
    PS no calcuim was added to the concrete prior and during the pour. It was around 65 to 70 degrees if this will help . thanks

Re: concrete floor

You don't say how long it has cured .
    When you say fiber mesh.. are you talking about Fiber crete ? (strands of fiberglass mixed in the cement)

It takes about a good week for the concrete to cure properly.

TAKE PICTURES FIRST & AFTER you sweep/wash it off, but I wouldn't use anything stronger than a garden hose. Let dry and see what you have. It might be nothing, then again, the concrete company might have sent you some bad mud. I would call the people that did your floors if you see some bad defects.

Re: concrete floor

After you wash the floor put some sealant on it. The sealant should reduce your dust problem.