Thread: 3rd annual sledding party

3rd annual sledding party

We had our 3rd annual sledding party with the course designed by Kubota [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] It was a fast course and we had some spectacular spills. This family of three got some serious air!

Pete

Re: 3rd annual sledding party

Pete:
    Makes one remember the quiet high backcountry or those runs marked only for the mentally challenged.

Egon

Yeah, it seems the lessons in course making I learn every winter are forgotten in the warm months. On the other hand, it seems my guests always forget their pledge to not be the first one down my course! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I think next year I need a bunny slope for the kids and a black diamond slope for the experts and the brain dead!

Pete

Boondox, Neat stuff! It brought to mind the plastic toboggan we used to back pack up into the mountains. Actually to be truthfull it reminds me of the toboggan our great dane used to pack up into the mountains for us. Three adults... one in front holding up the flexible front, a 2nd behind with legs crossed into the lap of #1, and a 3rd with legs crossed into the lap of #2. Then #2 and #3 use their hands like oars to start us off down the hill and away we gooooooo with the dog running alongside trying to keep up and jumping back and forth over our heads when he can. It is a wonder we weren't killed in an idiots vs large pine confrontation because the #1 sit-in-front idiot was shooting home movies instead of paying attentiion to things like trees and such but I got some great shots! You could sort of steer if everyone leaned the right amount and you could sort of brake if you dragged your hands. But what do you expect from people who would back pack into the mountains with blizards predicted to pitch a tent in 6 ft of snow for a Christmas weekend outing?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"