Thread: Yard Lamp

Yard Lamp

We are anticipating installing a metal halide Yard Lamp in the Spring or early summer.

We have already decided to put in a 100 watt metal halide lamp ,but I need recommendation for decorative lamp posts preferably aluminum . I would like to find one that already has a powder coat finish to reduce maintenance on it.

Any and all suggestions are Greatly appreciated !

Re: Yard Lamp

Tomnky,
    I did the same project and it turned out sweet if I say so myself. I bid on and was sucessful in picking up commercial grade decrotive lights from the municipality I work for. The lights were 22 feet high so I cut them down to 16 feet and then installed then on a stone veneered concrete base. The whole area should really come together when I get my carport done which will have stone veneer columns as well.

Hope to get some photos posted.

Shawn

That sounds good Shawn.I would love to see the pics .

We have even talked to the local utility company and seems like all they offer is a 70 watt unit.

They want like $643.00 for installation and materials , including burying 95 feet of conduit and # 6 cable.

I really think 100 watt is what We want from what I have seen. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Here is a link to Good neighbor lighting. Just some thoughts to avoid light pollution.

Good Neighbor lighting

Good information. Thanks for the link.

One thing I'm looking forward too when we move to our new place is less light pollution and bright stars. OK, they are not any brighter, but the sky is darker.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?