Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Where's my .410?!

Re: Where\'s my .410?!

We got stuck in LA a few years back in a American Airlines non strike on our way to Hawaii. We decided to head up to SF for a few days since the second leg of our flight had been canceled. Abalone was around $75 a pound in the restaurants [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] I always wanted to try it but the Dungeness Crab was too good to bother at that price. Dave

I'd heard a long time ago that abalone was getting scarce, and at those prices I won't be eating anymore of it myself. It's good, but not that good.

<font color="blue"> hunting rabbits from the fender of the car at night. </font color>
    Bird, those were the good old days, brings back memories.

When I lived in Austrailia sheep brains was offered at many resturaunts. I tried them on 2 occasions, and I can say with certanty that they are not for me.

As for sea food I will eat anything. I spend a lot of time on both costs and in the pacific rim. Good food. I had abalone several months ago, very expesive and was not well cooked, sent the plate back [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .

When I was younger I took marine biology as a major at John Hopkins Marine inst. in downtown Monterey. We would dive all day and bag what we could get our fat little hands on then have a barbeque that night. We were to young to know what we were doing and now I could not afford to eat that way. Well what the heckit was fun.

Should we start a recipe swap forum, I am all for that as I love to eat and I love home cookin.

Dane

What do you think Docsnotin?

Works for me but I'm to old to start trying to eat brains ! I would much rather have some of that brisket that Bird was working with on the BBQ ! Dave

yea, well i was thinkn along them lines, not for brain recipies