It's downright sinful I know, but I got the house clean, and everything else I promised I would do, so I thought (glancing furtively around) that I might take me a little nappy. There was a nice cool breeze billowing the curtains and making the room fresh and making me drowsy. Coast is clear, the couch beckons.

I settled my weary bottom down on the cushions and I hear...

"Rrrr-eow? Rrrr-eow?" Havoc, at the window screen has come back home after three days of romancing the feminine felines of the neighborhood, his little face all gaunt and hollowed out from missed meals and now asks, can you feed me? Please?

Tsk. All right. Since ya asked so nice.

His tummy is so shrunken that it takes only a few minutes for him to get his fill and demand to be let out again. Okay.

Ahhh. Yes. Back to the couch. Fan on low, thoughts of pizza for supper dancing in my head. I just started to doze and I hear...

Flap...flap...flap pause flap...flap...flap.

I know what that means. What DOES that mean. I..I recognize the sound and it's just right there in my memory but I can't grasp it.

Again.

Flap...flap...flap pause flap...flap...flap

Oh, yes, okay. I know what that is. Relaxed grin. Not a monster or anything. It's the sound that big red rooster makes when he lands on the washer on the back porch, just before he starts to...

"Oh.... don't crow!" I groaned. "Don't crow! Just this once please don't..."

"ERR, ERR, ERRRRRRRR, ERR!!!!"

"....crow."

"****!"

Before I had a chance to get too mad the phone rings. Pfffft.

"Mom. I forgot I had an assignment and I need your help!"

"Whuuut?!" I whined. "Do I have to drive somewhere!?"

"No, no. It's easy, it's easy. I just need one of those sayings, you know how when a parent tells their kids something like, you know, you better go to sleep or the tooth fairy won't come. One of those things you say to get a kid to do something even though it couldn't possibly happen. Ya know what I mean?"

"Mmm....kinda."

"Well do you have one?"

Do I have one? Do I HAVE ONE? I was standing there all cross, and ticked off, and grumpy, looking at myself in the reflection of the window. Yes I believe I have one.

"How 'bout..... you better quit that frowning, your face is gonna freeze like that."

"Oh that's peeerfect! Thanks....what are you laughing at?"

"Nuthin' I'm just trying to take my own advice."

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]