Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: silly wabbits...smarter than me

Re: silly wabbits...smarter than me

Well I'm not sure if you're teasing me or not, but I have heard enough stories about stupidity in hunting from my husband and my son that I always think safety first.

Egon,

You must be a lot larger than your photo indicates! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Nope, Five foot six inchers. Used to be able to jump an ordinary three strand barbed wire fence with no trouble. Haven't tried lately but still might make it.

Sometimes putting one hand on a post helped.

Egon

Not teasing. Done it many a time as it's the easyiest way over.

Egon

Not teasing. Done it many a time as it's the easy way over.

Egon

Yeah, til you end up straddling that err...ummm...ow. Never mind. Takes confidence, I suspect. You have it. Me no gotty. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm with you Cindi. I've seen lots of folks put one hand on a fence and jump/swing over. never had the nerve to try it. Maybe it's one of those things you have to start young. Like lifting a calf over your head evry day wiull allow you to lift the full sized cow after it's grown.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

I guess everything is relative. I started lifting five pound piglets over my head three years ago and can now trip over a full grown sow. Do it all the time. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I never did do the fence thing but I'm surprised it's NOT in my list of things I usta could do. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This fence thing just takes some practice. Now there are three ways I'll do it.

Running straight at it and just jump and land running again.

As I'm right handed run at the post from the left, place left hand on post, clear fence and land running in the same direction as you were before the fence.

For higher fences run straight at post, place both hands on post and clear fence landing facing the fence.

Egon

Here's the three ways I would do it. Ya ready? Okay.

I would run toward the fence and upon reaching the fence would stop dead still and chicken out. Or,

I would run toward the fence and place my left hand on the post and jump, hanging my left foot on the top strand of barbed wire and fall flat on my face on the other side in the same direction I was running. Or,

As I am right handed, I would run toward the fence and reach to place my left hand on the post and miss, and then I would slide toward the ground scraping all the hide off the under side of my left arm as it grates down the post. Before the pain from that action really set in I would land chest first onto the second strand of barbed wire and probably hard enough to puncture at least one lung, and then before I can mercifully pass out, I would hang myself with the top strand of barbed wire or at the very least cut my throat. Then I would drag myself back the way I had come, wounded, dejected, humiliated, a little smarter, praying I don't bleed to death and try to find aid. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Where's that dang confidence when you need it. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]