Thread: Garage with wash bay

Garage with wash bay

This summer my wife and I will be constructing a garage (idealy 3 car) with a wash bay. Overall size will be approx. 42' wide x 26' deep. I am looking for some ideas from you folks who may have a section cordonned off for washing your tractors, atv's, cars etc. I'm thinking tin part way up the wall, maybe even concrete block. Would anyone have some shots of their indoor wash bays, or maybe a website where I could get some ideas. I would appreciate any response.

Zedosix

Re: Garage with wash bay

zedo
    I have a two car garage (24 x 24) and I wash the cars on one side, with drywall walls (one side has a walkway of 4-5' wide). I am reasonably careful with the pressure of the hose and do not find it splashes onto the drywall, and can be done in a way to keep the water within a foot or two of the vehicle being washed.

If I had three stalls, I would wash in the center one, and for sure not have any worry about splashing the walls.

I have good drains, with removable covers to shovel out any dirt that gets in there, and have hot and cold water to handle washing in the winter months. However, this is the second year of using this method, and have only used the warm water a couple of times (when there was snow to remove first).

Re: Garage with wash bay

My daughter/son-in-law's 8 stall horse barn has wash bay with rough-cut wood walls inside, steel siding out. Other then a little discoloration and water staining the wood has held up very well washin near-bout everything, tractors, bucket, empliments, trucks, 4 wheelers, animals, kids. Water splatters on the walls but no harms done as floor drain takes care of runoff. He may have a concrete ridge or block around perimeter behind the wood wall, don't know, but building new I would use at least one block course. What every you chose, ensure that bay floor slopes toward your drain and a smooth finish is easier to clean...squegee.
    My wife and I are building a 49x51 barn (rebuilding the old one this summer as well) Hope this helps, Roy