Thread: Electrical Run

Electrical Run

Hello,

We're making progress on the homestead. I've already had the perc approved, and well drilled. I just went over final plans for the house with the builder and had a question.

Does anyone know if the competing power companies in Pennsylvania will run electric to the site for free, or at a reduced cost?

I've heard that some will if you sign up for their service.

I'm sure they're all about the same in service cost, I just want to know if they'll run about 1400' of cable.

They'll probally charge for all the cable, but how about the run?. Thanks....

Re: Electrical Run

Jaeger,

Last year I paid 1500.00 for new electrical service at our future home site. The power line poles were already on our side of the road. The electric co. just had to trench in approx. 1100' and lay the cable as direct burial with 200' in conduit where the driveway and other vehicles will cross over it frequently. They terminated the line into a transformer box then ran to a meter on a wooden panel which I was responsible for building.

There was no competing electrical co. They just have a start up allotment for new construction then charged so much per foot. I don't recall the exact figures. They estimated $2500 but the bill came in much less to my great surprize.

Hope that helps some.

Leef