Thread: Water Softener

Water Softener

We have an Agway softener thats 5 to 7 years old.Lately,after it regenerates,the water level in the salt tank stays higher than it used to.The tank stays about 2/3 full now.Befor it was only a few inches deep.Any ideas?

Re: Water Softener

Could the eductor be worn?

Egon

I had a similar problem in our old house. I disassembled and cleaned a check valve which solved the problem. I had the original manuals which covered the problem under the troubleshooting section. Do you have manuals for yours?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

I have a manual I think. Where the salt goes is a 2.5 inch tube almost as tall as the unit. Inside is a valve with a float. It looks a little rusty & I think it may be sticking. Do you know if this valve and float will lift out of the tube? If that is the case, I can take out it and clean it.

<font color="blue"> Do you know if this valve and float will lift out of the tube? </font color>

Not sure, but I'd give it a try. The rust I cleaned from my check valve was deposits from the water not corrosion of the parts. It basically wiped off once I got into it. Your rust sounds like it's "external" and could be affecting a float valve or something [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob