With that much snow and that long a driveway, I'd vote for a rear mount snow blower. If I had enough money, I'd get one of the inverse blowers, the kind that work when moving forward. The standard rear snowblowers only work when moving in reverse. 1800' downhill is a long way to go in reverse. Here's a link to a thread on TractorByNet of just such a set up.

The issues with the alternatives, as I see them...

1. Front mount blade - Lose the use of the FEL. Not good if you have to relocate snow. Plus, with that much snow, you have to be sure you will have enough area to push the snow. This issue is my biggest concern with blades, front or rear, and why I don't think they're that much better than just using a FEL.

2. Front blade mounted in the FEL bucket - Could be an alternative since you retain use of the FEL, but could be a bit of a pain removing the blade when you need to use the FEL.

3. Just use the FEL - 1800' is a long distance to push snow straight ahead. This is what I use on my house driveway, parking area and at my barn driveway.

4. Front mount snow blower - more expensive and you lose use of the FEL. Front blowers are more expensive than rear ones.

5. Rear blade - lots of people use the rear blade in conjunction with a FEL.

Whatever solution you decide upon also consider;

1. Rear remotes to control the snow blower. Extra rear remotes are a good idea anyway. At least one, maybe two. Front remotes if you decide to go the front blade or front snowblower route.

2. Extra weight, either wheel weights or filled tires.

3. Tire chains

4. Cab - Clearing an 1800' driveway will take a while and it will be cold. Add in a snow blower coating you with drifting snow...yikes!

5. Lights - Lights on the ROPS facing forward and backward. The standard headlights are useless with a FEL.