I am trying to drop some wires (telephone and network) through a wall and am having a heck of a time. It is an inside wall and there is no insulation in it, and I don't think there are any horizontal braces. I've got the new expansion box in and from what I can see the cavity is empty. I've got decent attic access and was able to drill a hole through the top plate without trouble. I thought it would be an easy drop (and I have done them before - quite a few).

The trouble started when I couldn't get the wire down. So I took a wire fish tape (snake) and tried to grab it from the bottom. The tape snagged on something and I managed to actually break it trying to pull it out, leaving part of it stuck in the wall. Then I went up in the attic and pulled the wire out and tried to push one down from the top. It got stuck too! This time I didn't try too hard to yank it out and went back down to the bottom and stuck another tape up to try and pull the one from the top down. You guessed it - stuck [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img].

So now I have three tapes stuck in the wall, and no wire run [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]. I do have access to the wall behind it and am thinking that I have to cut out a pretty good sized section of the drywall on the back so I can see inside the wall and try and figure out what is going on in there. I didn't think that I had any other wires (electrical) running through that cavity, but I'm guessing that I may (there are outlets in the area).

Any advice on how to do this? In all my wire running experience, I've never had a situation like this. I'm not especially comfortable with tearing a wall apart, but I know that it doesn't have to be all that difficult. So before I dive in to the project I'm hoping that those of you that have done this kind of thing can offer some advice...Chris