Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go... How do you want it?

Re: Here we go... How do you want it?

JazzDad,

OK, here is the first dispute! I say sure, but she says no way! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Now what? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Waldo

Hinkle Homes office phone is 580-759-4100.

You might want to give them a call regarding Saturday. they are usually there till noon or a bit longer but if they knew you are driving down to visit they would most likely wait a bit for you as they are real accomodating folks. I have been there in mid afternoon on Sat and they were getting customer traffic and stayed.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Thanks for the info, I'll leave a little sooner (insert OU fight song here) [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

Waldo

Great web-site Gary. It's thorough but easy to scroll through. Nice looking house also. When do you move in (ifyou haven't already)?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

Thanks. Hope to move soon, like a month. Weather has been bad for the last two weeeks making it difficult to get work done. Had some lower level moisture, so can't carpet until the gutters are on. Can't paint, second coat, until the carpet's in. Can't gutter until the facia board's wrapped with coil stock. Etc., etc.

Son though, we hope.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I really don't have very good pictures of the land, but will post what I have. We have two 3.33 acres lots, each is just over one acre wide (East to West) and three acres deep (North to South). The road is on the South side and there is a lake on the other side of the road. The lot to the West (from now on it will be referred to as "lot 1") is where we will be building the smaller first house. This house has the following changes:
    1)Garage storage area will be replaced with a 4' X 6' safe room, the cabinets will be removed (no longer a bump into the master bedroom closet), and the "stairs to optional basement" will become a large mud room.
    2)The master bedroom closet will become one large closet (remove the bedroom entrance and divider) and the shower will go from a 3' x 3' stall to a "built in" 4' x 5' (it will bump into the closet).
    3)The kitchen and eating area will become one very large kitchen with a large eat at bar. Move the pantry to were the door to the porch is and move that door to were the porch window is (removing the window). This will open the kitchen to the great room (no more wall were the pantry was). Now get rid of that small eating bar so that the kitchen counter goes from the fridge to the corner and then all the Way to were the window (now the door) to the porch. this leaves room for a large island and eat at bar. The island will have a small prep sink.
    4)We are also going to make the covered back porch into a screened in porch and extend it out as far as the second bedroom goes. It will end up being just over 20' x 10' and have two ceiling fans in it.

The lot on the east (from not will be "lot 2") is were we will build the second house (at LEAST a year from the completing of the first house). Lot 2 has a pond that is roughly 100' round. In the month that we have owned the lots a beaver has chewed down almost every tree that was close to the pond (wife is NOT happy about that!). Almost half of lot 1 and most of lot 2 have been cleared (I should say the previous owner has all of the trees/brush pushed into very large piles). The pink tape marks the trees that we want to keep.

Waldo

So, how do you attach a photo? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] ?

I told you I was not as good as Gary [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Waldo

Go to FAQ at top of page and follow the directions for adding pictures to the post.

Oh...well...I guess I'm dumber than the dog [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks, Waldo

OK, I've come to the conclusion that I need to take some low resolution pictures. As soon as I get the chance, I will get some taken and posted.

Waldo