Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go... How do you want it?

Re: Here we go... How do you want it?

OOps-just getting used to this newfangled stuff!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I'm sorry... please forgive me. You did fine with your post.

I was wondering what Waldo was up to. I always like to read the home building stories.

I've told my mom thanks many times for all the things a Mom does for her boy and realized I was saying the same thing to you. Again, I'm very sorry, rereading my post it sounded sarcastic, not what I meant at all.

Thank you for keeping us updated and hope all is going well.

Again please accept my apology for my poor writing skills.

Gary [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Howdy ma!

OK, I think I may have all but me email working for now...

We have made some good progress! The entire lot has now been roughed in, pad for the house is done, driveway is roughed in and the footings are poured! The bad news is our (KO, I am no longer sure what you call it: tin horn? culvert?) thing that lets water go under the driveway was destroyed by the cement truck today. Not to mention they made a good size hole in the driveway when the very inexperienced driver managed to drive half way off the driveway and buried the rig in the only soft spot on the entire 3+ acres! Oh well, they didn't change us for the massive tow truck, and the job was completed with no other problems. I will post the pic's tomorrow.

Here is the our agenda: Thursday morning we get the blocks for the foundation walls (and the goods to make the mortar). We should have a good start on that when every thing to build the house shows up some time on Friday. If all goes well, we should have a completed shell by this time next week!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Here is a question for all, is this thread too long now? Should I start a new one now that we have started the actual building process, or just keep going here?

I am so glad you are back and able to post again! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] By the time you get this house done, you will be on first name basis with adversity. Looking forward to more pictures. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I prefer to read about someone's homebuilding adventure in one long thread.

However, if there are specific issues that arrise that people would be interesting in like problems with the electrician (for example), I would put that in a separtate thread to make it easy to find for those who would like to learn from it.

I think the long thread is fine. For a new member, it's easier follow the story from start to finish. Wait, does house building ever end? [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img]

AndyM & JazzDad,

You both have a good point, so one long post it is [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Here is a pic of the finished pad. We will be taking pics from two locations to show you the progress. From now on I will call this the front. I will also take pics from one spot in the back of the house (next post) and include some pics of "interest" as needed. If you have any requests for a close up, let me know.

Waldo

Re: Here we go... How do you want it? *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by Waldo

Here is the completed footings from the front.

And again from the Back.