Thread: Wireless fencing ?

Wireless fencing ?

Does anyone use wireless fencing ???

I've been thinking about it mainly for training for property boundries and times when he needs to go out and I don't want to go out with him like first thing in the morning or middle of the night.

Re: Wireless fencing ?

if you have alot of time, they can be great. the good expensive ones come with trainers who take care of everything. if your dog is not trained they will not work.

you might be better off training me, and getting him to love you, that way he will never run away. plus the more time you spend outside with him, the less likely he will be to run off.

Handyman,

I don't have my normal photo editor here at work, but I created a 100x100 thumbnail of your Boston Terrier so that he doesn't look all squished. You can use it if you wish.

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Thanks Gator... He did looked a little out of sorts... LOL [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]

I have the wireless fence and it works OK with my shepard. The inlaws have 3 bostons that have the same fence and after getting zapped a couple times never test the fence. The down side is the fence is only good for about 90 feet around the transmitter. The one diffrence between the wireless and the buried wire is the wireless will shock for 10 feet past the perimeter and the wire fence will shock only when you cross the wire. Like anything its a compromise.

Steve

My son (age 5 at the time) once asked me after hearing a commercial on the radio for the 'Invisible Fence'...

"Dad, if you go to the store to buy an invisible fence, how do you find it?"

EJB, Pleas post your method! I went to the store to buy a set of camo BDU's but I couldn't find them.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

EJB... now that is funny... [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I installed my wireless fencing a couple months ago and it works great.

I did get the wired type and just took 2 of the tines off the tiller and just tilled around the paramiter and burried the wire.
    The unit I purchesed (Home Depot) was the deluxe model where you have up to 10' of correction before they even get to the wire. Like I said, it works great.. infact, I can let him out during the day when I'm with him without using the unit. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]