Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This cat won't drink

This cat won\'t drink

I get a laugh everytime one of my cats wants a drink of water. She refuses to just "lap" the water up. She has to dip her paw in the water and then lick it off her paw.

Re: This cat won\'t drink

Dipping again

She used to do this in our hot tub when we had one. Now she'll do it when the wife is soaking in the tub if she isn't using bubbles.
    Here she is licking it off her paws

By the way.........thats the dogs water.....she walks past hers to dip his [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We've got one (all black too by the way) that does the same thing. He even lays down next to the bowl and reaches in to get water. He's about 3 years old now.

This one was an orphan left at our house. We think his mother was the "road kill" on the highway next to our house. He was about 4 to 5 weeks old when we found him. He would just about drown when he was little. Maybe that has something to do with it.

This one was thrown out of a car window.......supossed to only stay the day, until a new home could be found. She's been here 8 years [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

As we already know, cats have a mind of their own....
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Mine used to do that too. Just be aware that mine also was caught dipping her paw in the water glass on my night stand. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] (After that, it was always covered.)

Steve

This cat will leave a water glass alone. Now, the male we have will upset a water glass in 10 seconds if it's in his view, whether you're around or not. He's always on the bath counter begging for a drink out of the faucet anytime you go in there. He will sit and beg for water especially out of the fridge dispenser. Now if you add ice cubes too........he's in heaven [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

We found our orphan in a bush on our way to Church. When we finally got it down (with milk) I told the wife I guess we can now have an "outside" cat -- the wife had two in the house already.

Well, this new arrival had other ideas. The next day when I got in from work, I met the new cat on the back porch. I asked the wife why she let it in and she "claimed" she didn't. I removed said animal to the outside and watched it. It suddenly disappeared under the house (I live in a 100+ year old frame house). In a few minutes I heard scratching in the WALL and suddenly the cat's head pops out of a hole in the wall where a electric plug used to be.

We (I mean the wife) suddenly had a new "indoor cat". He hasn't stepped outside since.

Haven't had any water glass problems (that I know of [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

"We (I mean the wife) suddenly had a new "indoor cat". He hasn't stepped outside since."

It's his house and you all are just visitors!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!