Hello,

Thanks to all for the input on the firewood chute.

We're planning on having a 1212 sq. ft house(main floor) built on a full unfinished basement. It'll be quite the upgrade and plenty of room for the 3 of us. Besides, the 63 acres will keep us outside the house a lot of the time! The location is N. Idaho.

My wife and I had decided on vinyl siding for its ease of maintenance. We came across solid core siding on Crane Siding's website. The idea certainly appealed to us (R4 insulation value, better impact resistance, still low maint.). It looks like it is about 35% more expensive than vinyl, but with possibly lower installation costs. Does anyone have experience with this type of siding?

Also, our builder states he usually uses Elk roofing - can anyone recommend or otherwise comment on this company's products?

Ok, I keep thinking of more questions. We're planning on using primarily central air wood heat with LP backup. Does anyone have experience with Charmaster (model would be Chalet) or Yukon-Eagle wood furnaces? Those appear to be the furnaces best suited to our needs. I haven't been able to get a personal reference re: either of these, however.

Thanks for any help,

Will