Thread: Tub Faucets

Tub Faucets

We remodeled our bathroom 15 years ago and the Kohler faucets we used in the tub were the kind with a separate one for hot and cold water.

I've searched the major mfgr web sites (Kohler, Delta and Moen) and no one seems to make them anymore. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] All they have are the single handle models.

1. Can I use 2 sink faucets in the tub?

2. Are there kits to cover the 2 holes in the fiberglass tub surround if we'd switch to a single handle model?

Re: Tub Faucets

I don't know about the tub faucets, but the sink type faucets are available with a plate that covers the unused holes.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Might need a little more clarification. Are the two separate faucets completely separate or do you have separate knobs, but only one spigot that the water comes out of? And why do you need to change the ones you have? Leaks? Looks? What type of faucets are they? Do they have faucet washers or are they cartridge type?

<font color="blue">Are the two separate faucets completely separate or do you have separate knobs, but only one spigot that the water comes out of? </font color>
    Two separate knobs, one spigot.

<font color="blue">And why do you need to change the ones you have? Leaks? Looks?</font color>
    Looks...my BIL house sat for us, dog got away and into stinky stuff. BIL decided to give the dog a bath in the tub and thought the lever handle on one of the faucets looked like a good place to hang the leash. Dog jumped out of the tub, and took the handle with him. Can't find a replacement handle. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

<font color="blue">Do they have faucet washers or are they cartridge type? </font color>
    Cartridge type.

Mike, I never thought about them being hard to find, and maybe I don't understand exactly the kind you have, but doing a search on Google for "garden tub faucets" finds a number of places that have the separate knobs but single spigot. Of course, I don't know how similar any of them would be to yours.

Mike,
    I guess I'm a little confused.
    You have 2 handles, one for hot one for cold. One Spigot.
    The Moen site is full of them. A few of them are sold exclusively at Lowes. I checked Lowes and HD's website and found 5-6 different ones. Moen and Price Pfister.
    Is the attachment what style you're looking for?

<font color="blue"> Is the attachment what style you're looking for? </font color>
    Kinda. Ours are lever style with wooden inserts on the handles. I guess I could replace both of them. My wife went to HD and said all she saw were the single control style. Guess I will have to go myself and check things out. Guess I should have never sent a woman to do....er, nevermind. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Not gonna go there [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

American Standard makes some nice two handle faucets. I just put one in a few months ago. I found it at a local big box type store and it was very reasonably priced compared to some of the other brands.