Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are we going to survive this???

Re: Are we going to survive this???

No, that's not all I'm going to write.
    We had the countertop people come out last week. They had replaced the island surface with a piece of plywood for over a month. The new slab is now installed. They still didn't get it right, but we were tired of messing with them. We have 3 rooms and 5 closets yet to paint. Kenneth will be back out soon to pour some concrete between the barn and the house, making a bit of driveway that will allow a cleaner place to service vehicles and minimize the gravel we are tracking into the house. I actually had some time this weekend to build my workbench, and go through a few of the boxes of stuff that have been packed. We don't have any outside connection to the world via TV (antenna or dish), but it hasn't been so bad.
    And before you ask, no- I still don't have that digital camera, so the photos will wait for developing and the scanner.

I'm not going to read anymore of this thread because I'm going to start building next month. I don't want to get too depressed. Wish me luck!!!

Dick Austin

Welcome to CBN. At least your user name indicates great confidence!
    I'm down to only about 50 projects, which I figure is normal for any homeowner. Some of these are re-doing stuff the construction folks did (not to my satisfaction). We put up some blinds last weekend. Only one closet left to paint. Just take them as the come.

Bret, I've been following your post and have to ask, your mug there, are you receiving an award or something, you look sprite and enthuised. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Were in the same boat Dick. I may be starting two.

Who said this was a picture of me, Mark? (Actually it is.) I was at the company Christmas party, meeting a co-worker's spouse. It was my "pleased to meet you" look that insurance salesmen use. Methinks the picture will need to be removed. (In fact, I'm surprised the moderators haven't already done so.)
    Seeing myself so many times in this thread sort of puts me off lunch. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thats what I look like and I'm only 30!!!! Whats going to happen when I get going on this house.

Just kidding [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I just found out that our builder, Kenneth, passed away earlier this month. He was 47 years old. He leaves behind a wife and 4 children. He lost a short battle with cancer.

Your charge today is to tell your loved ones how much you appreciate them.

Jazzdad, that's my charge every day. To seldom do we say something good about people. I tell my wife to have a good day EVERY DAY! I told my kids the same thing when they were in school. My daughter told me on fathers day that she still misses me telling her that each morning before she went to school