Thread: cheapest place to buy metal roofing?

cheapest place to buy metal roofing?

in the process of building a 24x30 pole building and am ready to by the metal roofing, i want a painted metal (brown color) to go on the roof, i have checked with lowes, home depot, and 84 lumber and their prices are all about the same, from 1.62-1.70 per linear foot, seems i could find it a tad cheaper somewhere, anyone have any ideas?
    thanks

Re: cheapest place to buy metal roofing?

Your bio doesn't say where your located. Search "Muellers" on the internet and see if they have a place near you. They also have factory seconds, which is great for roofs where cosmetics isn't critical.

im in middle TN.

I saw painted 36inch roofing (cut to length) for 1.26 Lft @

Hey Mopower440,
    I see that you are in Mid TN (me to), so you should find the cheapest roofing panels in Shelbyville, at Discount metal roofing 931.680.0001. They have seconds as well. They're around $1.35 or so linear foot -As the economy is now starting to show signs of recovery, I'm now finding higher prices then this time last year and heard that wood pulp is up about 20% so even wood products will be higher this year. The Galvalum standard panel is the cheapest and may last longer then painted but it's not as purrdy. If you're not too far along with it you might look into doing steel building, use ARCO steel in GA as they don't charge you state tax and you only pay shipping from somewhere here in TN. Hope this helps. Hey, would that be a 440 Roadrunner?Have a blessed day,
    rg

Hey Mopower440,
    I see that you are in Mid TN (me to), so you should find the cheapest roofing panels in Shelbyville, at Discount metal roofing 931.680.0001. They have seconds as well. They're around $1.35 or so linear foot -As the economy is now starting to show signs of recovery, I'm now finding higher prices then this time last year and heard that wood pulp is up about 20% so even wood products will be higher this year. The Galvalum standard panel is the cheapest and may last longer then painted but it's not as purrdy. If you're not too far along with it you might look into doing steel building, use ARCO steel in GA as they don't charge you state tax and you only pay shipping from somewhere here in TN. Hope this helps. Have a blessed day,
    rg