Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's BBQ season again

Re: It\'s BBQ season again

Burns a mean steak too; Al.

Egon

I have always used charchoal grills, I learned it from my dad. I know gas is easier becaus it's instant but when you use charchoal you put love and patience into what your doing therfore creating some of the best meals ever, I learned that from my mom. I'm from Texas and couldn't be more proud of it, and since BBQ is part of what makes us famous here's a tip to shorten your cookin time: Marinate the meat over night, then in the morning wrap it in foil. Cook the meat in a glass pan in the oven @ 250-300 (depending on how fast you want it done) for at least 3 hrs. ( the longer the tenderer) then fire up the grill! Take meat out of the oven and baste with a mixture of BBQ sauce and beer and on the grill it goes until all sauce is cooked in. Hope you get to use this recipie and even more so, like it, I taught it to myself. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img]
    -Kri

Egon, Is that a bat house on a pole to the left in the picture? If yes, why so close to your food prep area? You don't BBQ bats do you?

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Its a Bird Feeder.

Egon

<font color="blue">" Its a Bird Feeder" </font color>

Egon, are you referring to Birds smoker or his wife. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh no. I'm being picked on again. There should be laws passed protecting challenged people like myself.

Egon

Yep, there's a difference between a bird feeder and a Bird Feeder and I never got a single meal out of that one. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Here's a tip for people with vertical smokers. Whenever your cooking a turkey, pork butt, brisket, etc unwrap a tube (or 2) of your favorite sausage and put it on a rack right over the entree so it will auto-baste it. Then, put the cooked sausage in the fridge to slice off and put on biscuits in the morning, dee-lish.

I found a 32 pound free-range fresh turkey at a meat market that's sitting in brine right now and will be ready to go in the smoke tomorrow morning. That ought to fill the in-laws up on Easter, hehe.

That sounds like a good recipe. And that's a BIG turkey. I just got back from buying a 13.52# brisket to barbecue for Sunday myself. So far, looks like we're only going to have 11 or 12 people for dinner.