Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chainsaw wars revisited!

Re: Chainsaw wars revisited!

Our lodge got broke into in January and what did they take? Our Stihl 360 that I had carefully researched (thank you very much fellow contributors!). We had like the Stihl so much that I went out and got the newer model of the 361. It has a 1/2 lb lighter weight and the chain runs a bit faster. I just love it. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear that your lodge was broken into and that they took your Stihl ... I guess that you could say that at least they know quality when they steal it!
    Leo

Thanks for the condolences! Not only was the Stihl taken but some nice power tools. Though I hate someone violating our home, the insurance covered a huge chunk of it so I got to repurchase everything. Should the police charge someone with the crime, we'll get the entire amount.

Pat,
    Any more news on your newly acquired used husky? Have you tried it with the mill yet? Post us an update and some pics when you get it going.

P.S. - I talked to my friend about his Husky the other day and now that it has been used a bit more it seems to start better when it is cold. Must have just needed some break-in. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Rhonda,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your Stihl. Hopefully the new one decides to stick around a bit longer. Good to hear the report on the 361, I'm looking to buy a new saw in that size range soon. I'm glad your insurance covered most of the loss. I know what you mean about the feeling when someone violates your space though. A few years back someone broke into my storage building and took all of the power tools and mechanic tools that I had. I took that opportunity to upgrade a few things that I had of marginal quality before. Had to add a few bucks to the insurance settlement, but it has been worth it. I now keep them secured better.

Later,
    Larry

Ebay HUsky was total crap and was returned! Still in market for good saw.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Stihl with the optional dual port muffler... scare the neighbors. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thats too bad Pat.

I lucked into a sugarmaple that was cut down across the street. About 15 feet by 24 inches. Its awaiting a longer bar and chain for my saw. There is another one available that I may also be able to get.

What kind of plans do you have for a chainsaw?

Egon

To add insult to injury, the defective piece of crap saw that I returned to the source 2 weeks ago was delivered back to me via UPS today. I'm currently trying to find out why.

Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"