Thread: Harbor Frieght shipping

Harbor Frieght shipping

Has any one out there have any problems recieving orders from Harbor Freight? Is back ordering common? how many months does it usually take to recieve an order? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Harbor Frieght shipping

Usually, 75% of my order comes in about 2 weeks.
    The back-ordered items sometimes show up 2 weeks later.
    They are supposed to send you a notice of items back-ordered (within a couple of weeks) to give you a chance to say yea or nay if you still want them when the items come into stock.
    Your card is not billed until the item is shipped.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

They do backorder things a fair amount of the time (25% is probably a fair guess). They do send a notice after a certain period saying that unless you return the card they won't ship the item. They shipped one on me one time even though I'd already ordered (and received) an equivilent tool. Trying to return the duplicate was such a hassle that I gave up (it was about 30 bucks down the tubes, but now I have two brad nailers [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]). Mostly they are OK, though.

Thanks, I guess it's what you're ordering determines if you recieve the order in a timely manner. So, if you need it now, buy locally.

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

I've ordered from Harbor Freight several times, and I never had to wait more than 2 weeks even if the tool was back ordered. I've always been very happy with their service and tools.
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

I just bought an Alaskan mill from HF and it came in two deliveries on consecutive days about 10days after I ordered it. Small handling fee but FREE shipping.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I ordered a tool from HF, shipped out right away (by mule I think - no tracking available) and I got it over 30 days later, the same day I got my lost shipment postcard to fill out to get a refund. Fast shipping isn't really their strong suit [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

home in S. GA, cabin in the middle of 35 acres in WNC mountains

I ordered a Wood Splitter from them and was back ordered for a couple of weeks and I canceled the order because I was going on vacation. Ordered again a couple of weeks later and got it in about a week. Free shipping, no tax. After I ordered I got a sales flyer and the price went down $100. Since I had not received it yet I called and asked about getting the hundred bucks off. No problem, they credited my credit card. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]