Egon, The radiator caught my eye. Coal fired boiler? We lived in an old farmhouse converted to a duplex (immigrant Scotts sheep farmer owned bld and lived in other half. Steam heat with coal fired boiler in basement. I used to like finding fern fossils in the coal.

Was that stool the sort of thing you treasure limbs and such as wood sources for? I wish I had a cheap way of sending you some of our cedar. Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas (at least) are under assault by a plague of eastern red cedar. There are Federal Government as well as state programs to subsidize their removal as they are taking over crop and grazing acreages at an alarming rate.

My neighbors have offered me all I will take. I have plenty of my own in number but not in size. I try to find samples at least a foot in diameter at the short end of a 10 ft or larger butt. I don't have many like that and the few I know about are in "scenic" locations and are protetected by she who like "those Christmas trees." So I am forced to go a begging among friends and neighbors. Now that I have permission to take them, I have a temporary problem (the hand thing) but will be getting to it as soon as I can. Already, this afternoon I can almost type normally (OK would you believe normal for me?) wth the right hand and that is an improvement over this morning.

Seeing that cute stool has inspired me. I think I will go try to assemble the Alaskan mill.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]