Thread: bees and wasps

bees and wasps

We have a walkbasement home with siding on the back and brick on the front. The flying bees and wasps have found some way to get in our unfinished basement. I'm wondering if anyone has tried these electronic bug repellers and if they work for flying bugs. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: bees and wasps

For the most part, ultrasonic bug repellers are BUNK whether for flying, crawling, or any other kind of bug. The only electronic device that works worth beans is the zappers and the electrick swatters (small hand held bug zappers shaped like a small badmitton racket.) The folks who sell ultrasonics for mosquito protection should be sued out of their socks the first time a user gets a mosquito born illness.

As regards your problem: traps and sprays can help but sealing up A L L points of entry will stop the problem. You can go right ahead and use whatever electronics you want but to stop the critters, plug up all their points of entry. You can bait some of them to traps but preventing entry is a better solution and yields the side benefit of keeping out other critters you didn't list.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: bees and wasps

Hey, Welder. I have to agree with Pat- the best method is to exclude them. My wife and I have observed that we have problems with all sorts of pests around the house in the city. Out in the country, everything is in balance. The birds or good bugs eat the bad bugs. We have a few wasps, but we try not to do indiscriminate killing. Why? When you kill the wasps, then you get web worms on the trees. The trees then die. The birds have no place to nest. The land then becomes a desert. Might as well be back in the city! We've been coming out to our country place for 2 1/2 years and have seen 2 mosquitoes. Every time I step outside in the city I inhale at least 2 of the boogers.