Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get a decent kite

Re: Where to get a decent kite

Small world Gary! Mine came with a balloon and a sea water activated hydrogen generator so you could raise the sky wire with a hydrogen filled balloon if there wasn't enough wind. It also had a "Gibson Girl" hand cranked transmitter shaped so you could hold it between your legs, aided by webbing straps, and crank away to automatically send a CW distress call.

It might have been better if the balloon were sized to raise the kite plus the antenna as the winds aloft are always stronger away from the surface friction.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Mosey, My wife just came home with 2 huge very cool kites that she bought at sam's club ,If you have one in your area that would be the place to go ,I think she said she paid $12 each and they have a bunch of different styles.. One was like a stealth fighter and the other is a 4x4 truck with flames and they are 3d ,haven't flown yet but the packaging is pretty impressive , We should have time too fly them this weekend,I can report our success or failure and maybe a picture or 2.. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Mark

Here is a picture of one of the kites my son has
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Mosey

Did you ever get a kite? Now we're getting into the low wind speed part of the year, at least in Missouri. Maybe not where you are.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?