Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP... Painting stockade fence

HELP... Painting stockade fence

I have a Wagner power painter and was wondering if anybody has ever used one to paint a 6' stockade fence. I have 525 feet to do now (1,050 total both sides), [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . Is it worth my time or should I hire it out? I have a total of 3 1/2 acres but not all fenced yet. Thanks. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: HELP... Painting stockade fence

10 views and no responses?! [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I just installed 40 feet of stockade type fencing. Put a nice stain on it with a brush. Took quite a while. If I were to do the length that you are planning on doing with a paint sprayer, I would go the sprayer route. You know that it will be done right. Of course, I am quite cheap and will do anything myself that I feel capable of doing. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Is it worth my time or should I hire it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it depends on how much it would cost to hire it out. And is this fence around the house so that you can reach all of it with a reasonable length of extension cord? I guess none of us have painted a fence with a Wagner, although I once painted a mobile home with one. Other than the vibration and noise, it did a good job. Personally, I'd rather do that than use a brush.

Gerald, if I had a Wagner Power Painter I would jump on the opportunity to use it. Shouldn't take many feet to figure out if you should continue or bail.

Ide go with the sprayer too. But, they are noisey and do vibrate like another said.
    Larry

No. It is not by the house. It is in the wide open.

Generator? I painted a couple of barn roofs last year using that set up. But with gas prices and time, as well as the proper jeans and sneakers. Just kidding about the attire but the family called me the tin man for some time. I also a little tight with the funds.

Patrick

Well, it's been awhile but the project is about half done. See attachments. G

# 2