Pat .. Yes, I was thinking about the parakeets, cockatees, type birds yes. A number of year round tropic birds adopt a seasonal migration but stay within the tropic bands ... e.g. west indies to florida, central america to mexico, etc.

This pales in comparison to many many other migratory flyways that have species going thousands of miles, say Canada to S. America - very common.

I know there are quite a few 'accidentals' or stray birds endemic to the Bahamas that make it by hook or by crook to florida and even the carolinas. Storms, hitched rides ... many variables to consider.

One day a number of years ago, the 'rare bird alert' line reported an Anna's Humming bird in the Bronx at a garden museum.

If you have a field guide, you'll see that the breeding grounds for this lil tiger is a puny lil 200 square mile patch in Oregon and it migrates to central Mexico. It had to have gotten blown over to the eastern seaboard during migration.

...micro-migration ... for an explanation ... basically, any species of bird can embark on a micro-migration. These are just movements of sustenance, not necessarily really long distances such as annual migrations of species, such as your state's flycatcher.

Sorry to ramble .. I enjoy birds though.