goodmorning,
just to let everyone know, this is my first post on this site and i really have enjoyed reading all the different threads and posts over the past year.
the mortgage company has given approval for my new country home and have ask for an appraisal based on future value after construction (5.8% yesterday). this seems to be the best way to go instead of cost of aquisition. 80-10-10 loan package. this means i don't have to pay mortgage ins. and i'm responsible for taxes and ins. no escrow. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the land is 12.2 ac. about 10 miles from all the nice stuff(lowes, dillards, wally world,tsc, etc.) front 6 ac. partially clear, back 6, wooded (not heavy). the property already has a 1000 gal septic system and local water system (2" main), power, 700 ft red iron ore drive way. oaks, hickory, pine, one beautiful cypress tree. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img], fenced on all 4 sides, needs some repair.
the house i picked out is a split log home, meaning split log for siding(spruce), frame interior wall with dry wall, 40" wainscot in living area and dining area (24X28), catherdal ceiling with spruce lumber and two huge spruce logs in the ceiling, river rock fire place and mantel/gas starter, L shape kitchen, 2 bed room (12x18), 2 bath, 1/sit down shower, 1/ oversized tub, 6' wrap around porch on three sides (approx. 800 sq. ft.) utility room. 30 yr. shingles
R21 walls, R30 roof, double paned doors and windows.

thanks again for all your posts and threads, i had to tell someone [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] so this post may be a little long for some, however i'm excited [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

good luck to all,
gary