Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie to this site

newbie to this site

goodmorning,
    just to let everyone know, this is my first post on this site and i really have enjoyed reading all the different threads and posts over the past year.
    the mortgage company has given approval for my new country home and have ask for an appraisal based on future value after construction (5.8% yesterday). this seems to be the best way to go instead of cost of aquisition. 80-10-10 loan package. this means i don't have to pay mortgage ins. and i'm responsible for taxes and ins. no escrow. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the land is 12.2 ac. about 10 miles from all the nice stuff(lowes, dillards, wally world,tsc, etc.) front 6 ac. partially clear, back 6, wooded (not heavy). the property already has a 1000 gal septic system and local water system (2" main), power, 700 ft red iron ore drive way. oaks, hickory, pine, one beautiful cypress tree. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img], fenced on all 4 sides, needs some repair.
    the house i picked out is a split log home, meaning split log for siding(spruce), frame interior wall with dry wall, 40" wainscot in living area and dining area (24X28), catherdal ceiling with spruce lumber and two huge spruce logs in the ceiling, river rock fire place and mantel/gas starter, L shape kitchen, 2 bed room (12x18), 2 bath, 1/sit down shower, 1/ oversized tub, 6' wrap around porch on three sides (approx. 800 sq. ft.) utility room. 30 yr. shingles
    R21 walls, R30 roof, double paned doors and windows.

thanks again for all your posts and threads, i had to tell someone [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] so this post may be a little long for some, however i'm excited [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

good luck to all,
    gary

Re: newbie to this site

Sounds really nice, Gary. What part of the country are you in?

good morning bird,
    i'm about 10 miles south of marshall, tx. just updated my profile.
    i've enjoyed reading your posts on the other website and have decided on a CENTURY 2535, loaded(fel, bh, box blade, disc, trailer, you know a package deal) [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    thanks again and good luck to you,
    gary
    P.S. are you a moderator? i'm tired of looking at the JD on the other web site..............LOL. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gary, I'm a moderator on TBN but not on this site.

Morning Gary;

Sounds like an interesting project to take place. Keep us updated.

Egon

Welcome, Gary.
    Hope you enjoy your country site.
    That tractor should do you well.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Administrator

HGi Gary,

Welcome to CountryByNet! It sounds like you've got a tremendous collection of projects and equipment lined up. I and many others look forward to hearing about and sharing the details as your life in the country unfolds. I expect to learn a lot. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Hakim Chishti
    Staff/Moderator

Welcome, and good luck with your new home project.

As you know, we love to look at pictures of homes under construction, tractors, and all other sorts of projects.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

work nights 7-3....go in tonite.....
    thanks for the support.... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    will try to keep foto's available...... [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    good luck,
    gary

We're going to have to open a new forum just to keep track of the Garys. Lol!

Welcome Gary, (a Texan therefore family) I am looking forward to following your progress, catch as catch can as I don't pop in often. Welcome, welcome!