Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's your garden?

How\'s your garden?

Well, I'm late putting my garden out this year, but I'm slowly getting there.
    I have a couple of rows of greenbeans and corn.... Not much but working on getting some tomatos and cucumbers in the ground, and maybe taters in the next week or so.
    Bo McCarty, Realtor

Re: How\'s your garden?

Have all planted except the melons, radishes, lettuce and some corn. Also have to put the transplants out yet. Guess about thirty acres planted already. Finally getting some rain which is much needed.

I still haven't planted corn! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    I'm going to try a few short rows in the next week.
    It's time for my second bean planting and second cucumber planting.
    We are not getting much rain to help, though. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Im doin good, 6 rows of corn,2 rows radishes,1 lettus,1 romaine,5 hills cucks,peas are vining, musk mellons are flowering,maters are in. 12 better boys,12 jet star, 12 roma, 12 brandey wine. 12 jupiter peppers, 6 bannana 6 cajun roasters 5 italion roasters, 30 caulliflower plants. cant spell them, but i can grow'um. more soon
    Larry

Garden? WHAT garden?

Another cold, wet spring. Temps in the 50's and rain for 10 days straight and looking at 3-4 more of the same. I can't even WALK across my garden, much less plant it. :^(

On the other hand, I'm getting a bumper crop of rhubarb...

Send some of that rain to me!
    Our area is at less than 1/2 normal amount.
    Gary
    Bluegrass Music ...
    Finger-pickin' good!

Same thing here. The garden would probably do alright, it's just been raining so hard and often that I haven't been able to get it planted.

Steve

I hear ya on the:What Garden, I Have mine in, but i know many dont. My tomato plant sales tell me that. [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] My Perennials are sellin though [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Larry

Larry, what kind of perennials do you sell? I'm always looking for New England-acclimated (Zone 4) stuff for my flowerbeds. You got a website?

I've got just about everything planted except 6 rows of corn. Right now I've got 6 rows of Silver Queen corn and 3 rows of Ruby Queen corn (I think), six rows of Kennebec potatoes, one row of sweet potatoes, three rows of tomatoes (Celebrity and Brandywine), 1 1/2 rows of sweet peppers, 24 plants of Carribean Habernaros, 1 row of bannana peppers (okay, I admit I like peppers), a few hills of squash, 1 1/2 rows of okra, a few hills of cucumbers, carrots, and a couple watermelon plants.

We've been getting plenty of rain in WV. In fact, I've had a couple plants literally drown from the amount of rain. The rains been good as this is a new garden site and allows me to figure out the pros and cons.