Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Topsoil screen

Re: Topsoil screen

The 30 cycles was a SWAG from turning the thing by hand and observing the amount of vibration induced to the rest of the framework.

The differential idea is a good one, I have access to all that sort of stuff, I'll have to go scrounge around and see what I can find. A nice light one out of a compact car or pickup should work well. Thanks fer the idea!

Your PTO is 12" off the ground? That sounds awful low. Standard hitch height for a fixed hitch is 22" or thereabouts, and the PTO is usually 8-12" above that. What kind of tractor is it?

I have to admit the PTO height was a guess - its too far from computer to shop to go measure. You may well be correct, but since I plan on batch loading with a Case 530 TLB my "load-over" height is plenty tall even if I end up with an overall height taller than estimated.

If it looks to be too tall I can always lengthen the spacing between the tractor and unit, use a longer PTO shaft, and put some down angle on the shaft as well.

By the way my ag tractor is a JD 720 gas row crop.

Gregg
    Remember - If I sound like I know nothing about farming it's because I really don't!

Oh, okay. No biggie. Yer right, a longer shaft will compensate for height difference.

JD 720, eh? I reckon that oughta have enough power to drive 'er! [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Check out the EZ Screen 500XL at ez-screen.com for an affordable screener for $8500. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] <font color="orange"> </font color>

<font color="red"> I found these threads about this subject on TBN.

Sifters
    Need Ideas: Rock Screen to Filter Topsoil.
    Screening soil?
    </font color>
    lb
    3 Kubotas
    1 BX23
    2 BX1500s