Thread: Husky Rototillers from TSC

Cambridge, New York in beautiful Washington County, next to Vermont

Husky Rototillers from TSC

Does anyone own one, and have any good or bad experiences with them?

Normally I use a two bottom plow and then a cultivator on our large garden. But my wife wants to put in some small specialty gardens with permanent fencing around them, which will be difficult to get a tractor into. She wants a rototiller around 6 or 7 horsepower to till these small gardens. A new TSC opened near us (in Queensbury, New York), and they're going to have a grand opening sale on May 8. If they have enough of a discount on these Huskys, I might be interested in one.

Anyone have any thoughts?
    Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Re: Husky Rototillers from TSC

At Grand Openings they used to have another 10% off if you applied fo [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] r one of their cards. Get the tiller, then cancel the card

Thanks, Inspector, I've done that before at TSC. My wife heard on the radio that they'll have 15% off on some items and another 10% if you use the credit card. If they have 25% off of the tillers, I'll get one. Unless someone tells me that there are problems with them. They LOOK good.
    Rich

I haven't used the Husky but was tempted to buy one recently. We had purchased a Troybuilt with the back tillers. The first one we got didn't come with the manual nor the hardware to put it together. I called Troybuilt to request the hardware, etc. Well, they sent me the wrong hardware and their website didn't have the manual for the new model I purchased so the tiller went back to Lowes. We exchanged it for the same model thinking we wouldn't have any problems. Within 10 minutes of using the 2nd tiller, the handle bars had caved in (and this was supposed to be a one-hand operated machine), the engine support had bent, and the transmission support was V-shaped. I've never seen anything like this but the tiller quickly went back to Lowes. I finally decided on a King Kutter tiller for my tractor but seriously looked at the Husky's as they seem to have a better body design.

Rhonda, if you're preparing a large garden, a walk behind rototiller will still be a lot of work. I was just considering the Husky for some small specialty gardens. For our main garden, I use a two bottom plow behind one of my tractors, then I go over it several times with a 7 foot wide two row, three point hitch cultivator. After I'm done with the cultivator the garden is ALMOST as nice as if I used a rottotiller. The difference is the 2 bottom plow and the cultivator won't break up big clumps of vegatation like the rottotiller will.

I'm sure you're gonna love your King Kutter!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rich

Rich,

After my tiller fiasco, I did pick up a 2 bottom plow and really considered the cultivator but decided to splurge on the tiller. And you're right, I loved the King Kutter! I was done with my 3500 sq. foot garden very quickly with it. Now, if King Kutter just made a "derocking" device, I'd be in garden heaven!

Rhonda