Thread: Weed and Feed

Weed and Feed

I just put some Scott's weed and feed down a couple days ago to get some control on this clover and broad leaf that has taken over my yard and I was curious to how long before I begin to see some type of results..?

Re: Weed and Feed

Handyman:

Last summer I sprayed our lawn with Killex. Worked well [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Killed the grass and gave the weeds more room to grow.

Fortunetly we have had a very wet spring and by reseeding things are looking good again. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Egon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Fortunetly we have had a very wet spring and by reseeding things are looking good again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Sounds like my luck. I fertilized pretty heavily, but without the weed killer in the fertilizer. Then I sprayed Weed-B-Gone. It was about 3 days before I noticed it seemed to kill or at least yellow some of the weeds, but the dollar weeds seem to be thriving. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I'm going to give it another dose of Weed-B-Gone and go a little heavier in some areas with it.

And we, too, have had a wet Spring, with severe thunderstorms and high winds the last two evenings. According to the news media, a half million customers without power, roofs damaged, trees down, some who won't have power for another couple of days. So I guess we've been lucky. No power outage for us during the storms, but our power was off 3 hours one evening last week (6:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.), then again the next morning for 7.5 hours. [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I thought when I had to move back to town, we'd have fewer power outages than we had in the country. Wrong again; we've had a lot more. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Our power is seldom off. One unplanned in the last year. A picture of lawn this year. At the start of spring it was dirt.

Egon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    A picture of lawn this year

[/ QUOTE ]

You're definitely doing better than I am with the lawn.

That's looking pretty good. Especially with it on a slope. Keep up whatever you're doing!