Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speaking puppy-ese

Re: speaking puppy-ese

Kinda looks like Dan G doesn't it. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Missed you too! Been busy moving from the old house to the new one. We've accumulated a lot of cr#p in the last 30 years at the old place. Now just piling it up in the garage until I can figure out where to put it all. I start to pack stuff and realize it should have been tossed 15 years, or more, ago.

My wife scolds me when I start to toss stuff. "you might need that again" says she. "I've not needed it in the last 15 years and I haven't been looking for it either. Out it goes!"
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Good for you! Fred is the pack rat in our duo.

I was gone for awhile myself. My computer crashed and had to be rebuilt. Now it's running like a new one.

Amazing how much I miss this place when I can't get here.

Cindi,

You are the brightest star in the heavens with your great writing style and humor. I love all animals except skunks.
    I enjoy reading your stories about dogs as I have two of them. One Border terrier shitzu mix (male) and a Pug chuahua (sp?) mix (female) both fixed even tho they wern;t broke. One day the female sneaked out under the backyard fence and was challenging two rotweilers, she is my little protector.

Keep up the great posting.
    Jerry the Naughty Pines

Dogs are without a doubt, the one redeeming thing about people. For the most part we have the good sense to recognize their worth and celebrate and love them. Thank you so much for the kind words, and here's to your Tit-tzu and your Pug-huahua. May they bring you much joy in the future.

I had to laugh when I read this story because it is so true how playful them adorable little puppies can be (and irritating too!). Down on the farm here in Arkansas my wife gets fed up with all the squawking our guineas make. She yells at them and they squawk louder. It really is comical. I finally told her that I translated her English into guinea-speak. The birds hear her yell and take it to mean that she can't hear them so that they need to turn the volume up. I don't think she was satisfied with my explanation. Oh well, maybe they will quiet down as they get older. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Guineas?

Uh uh ... like fine wine, they improve (if improving means getting louder) with time.

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have no place in my heart for guineas. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Nor geese, I'm afraid. Same reason.