Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gambrel Barn Plans

Re: Gambrel Barn Plans

Beat you to it roypat. I sent the plans to the email address in your profile.

lets us know what you think

Brianp

Hey BrianP !! Sorry to be so long ...I've been drywallin, muddin and sandin...The sandin is a bit more then I figured> I'm like a teenager with perfume and clothes:I always put on more then I need, and take off more then I should.... so back and forth several times but I think I finally got it pretty much flat and smooth. We'll see when we get some paint on it. Just another fun filled day in "this old house". Thanks for the truss info. I appreciate the tech specs with the design. I didn't realize the weight of one truss...although I'm lookin for something a little different with a clear span side to dside. The one used in Barnplans.com is perfect for my structure. I'll be stretchin it from 36' to 41' to accomodate 36" steel panels. But to answer the gentlemans' original question I think Barnplans.com might have what he's lookin fur.
    Thanks again my friend,
    Have a blessed day,
    roy

Thanks for the email and the post. Glad you've got it sorted out. I haven't had the chance to look at the plans, but if there is any way you can get your modification checked out, do so: it may not be a big change, but it could have unintended consequences. Better safe than sorry ...
    Good luck with you project & remember pictures are obligatory (I guess that means I'll have to post mine!)

Hey BrianP,
    Is "obligatory" an oblong gator eh? Or a "obligin" one?
    Yeah, on the barn truss thing I decided to stay with the 36' wideth. I'll have a wall down through center with 22' and 14' either side. And set a wall 3' out from the side wall structure support and tie it into the shed overhang porch. This will give me 17' for woodshop and 22' on garage side... I suppose could turn the barn 90 deg. but we'ld rather see the end (front) give the neighbors a chance to view the sides.
    I'll have pictures when things start hapnin....I got several of the livin rm drywall project but don't want to bore you. Whats to see... mud in a crack get sanded 12or 7 times....I'm glad I'm past that and into the primer stage.
    Have a blessed week amigo,
    rg