Thread: power washer

power washer

My old Campbell Hausfield power washer has bit the dust. It will pump when it wants to, not when the trigger is pulled. I am looking for another one. I want a cheap electric model so the wife and daughters can just plug it in and spray. What brand do you reccommend? Are they all the same with different colors, different covers, and different brand names? The C-H that I now have was made in Italy.

Re: power washer

You can't go wrong with the Karcher line of electric power washers.

They are available at the big box stores like Lowe's, and Home Depot.

Very well made in Germany, and a good value. Hope this helps yo out...........J

I can't speak to their electric line, but I have a gasoline Karcher unit. After doing some research, I decided it was the best buy and should be good quality. It turned out to be better than I ever expected! Before I had a 5hp B&S engine Excel washer, and also I have used a larger Excel model. The Karcher is far superior. I purchased this one at Sam's Club. It has a 9hp Robin/Subaru engine and puts out 3100 psi at 3.1 gallons per minute! The engine is a super smooth, fuel miser and the 3100/3.1 combo will clean so much better than those I previously used [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

You can find info on their electric units HERE

I have seen the electric Karchers at Sam's as well as Home Depot or Lowe's.

Terry

My wife found the a Karcher electric unit at Sam's for $159 and bought it. So far so good. Thank you for your advice.

I had a husky form home depot actually made by FAIP company and sold under husky name. Nice unit and fairly priced. Sold it becuase not enough psi.