Thread: Anyone have this grass

Anyone have this grass

I was watching RFD-TV and this grass was advertized http://www.worldfeeder.com
    It is a bermuda variety. I don't know what to think about it. I wonder if it is real productive, but might be high maintenance.....

Re: Anyone have this grass

Impressive. I could not find how much it costs on their website. Did I miss it?

That was going to be my next question... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I was hoping someone in the group would give us all the low-down...

I hand-sprigged my pond levee with it 4 years ago because of it's excellent erosion control properties. It did wonders for the erosion but I have to mow the stuff every week because my horses actually prefer the common bermuda that surrounds the pond. I had a 4 acre hilltop of poor soil sprigged last spring. It wouldn't grow anything but weeds and the W Feeder has taken over nicely providing grazing about this time of year when my common bermuda is going dormant and going to seed because of the heat. My hay guy sprigged it for $80 an acre at 40 bushels of sprigs per acre, after I prepared the soil. This is a high sprig ratio but I got instant weed obliteration from the dense growth.

This hay guy grows common and coastal for horse hay (squares) and W Feeder and Tifton 44 on poorer soils for cattle (rounds). My spoiled ponies get mad if I buy anything but common bermuda hay crimped and tedded. Coastal is a little stem-ier and the two hybrids tend to get moldy if not baled under perfect conditions.

Thanks for that great information. It really looks interesting. I hope cattle aren't as picky as horses [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I too was interested in it until I read this. http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtop...76&start=0