Thread: New Well Good News

New Well Good News

we are about three weeks into the build and our well has been a subject of concern until now, the test provided from the driller showed us to have 7-8 grains of hardness and 1 ppm of iron i have talked to a couple of professionals and they have said to wait a month or so and it is possible that the iron will go down. in the mean time i am installig a particle filter just so i have a service point to do installs in the future, are there any experiences out there of the iron actually going down.

Re: New Well Good News

I'll be anxious to hear if your iron decreases, for I just recently installed a pump in my 15 year old well and it started out brown as all get out and has now since cleared up and tastes a bit metallic. I don't pump much water out, it is only used to water my trees I'm growing, and I only need to water if we don't get any rain for about 4 days. So far this summer, I've only had to water 3 times.

I've taken the liberty of cropping and resizing your profile photo. You may want to use it instead, if you like it. Check the attachment.

:: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

don't mind at all lets see if I got it right the first time. we also are looking forward to good results hopefully we will not have to install any kind of device to reduce the iron. there is very little information on iron removal and as best I can tell the berm filter is the best bet. any advise is appreciated. Have a great day.

Well we are in the final stages of our build and we are getting ready to fill the Pool. We have not flowed much water through the well and we are getting sediment and dont want that in the pool. Wondering if I should just turn on a faucet and let it run for a day or so? Would this help clear the sediment it looks like small sand particles, the water taste good and there will be a particle filter for the home just dont want any stains on the 3M quartzite finish.

With my well the more you run the water the more chance there is of getting sand. This is only a problem wth us when we take too much water too fast. Opening a frost free faucet to a 3/4 inch hose with no nozzle will produce sand after a while. Restricting the flow a bit with a nozzle prevents sand in our situation.

Your mileage may vary.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"