Thread: What kind of rooster is this?

What kind of rooster is this?

We got this as a bonus chick w/our chicken order. We thought it was a rhode island red but he is bigger and his tail feathers dont curl they stick straight out....can anyone tell us what kind he is?
    its 5 o'clock somewhere

Re: What kind of rooster is this?

Red sex link??

That might just be it [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but can't find a picture of a red sex-link rooster on any sites... Anyone know of a website w/ rooster picts??
    its 5 o'clock somewhere

I don't see him in there. He's the nicer of the two and bigger. [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Wanted to see if we can't have some chicks this spring, does it matter if he's not really a RI Red?
    its 5 o'clock somewhere

I agree, red sex link. I have 4 of them. I think that is a hen. If it was yellow as a peep then it is a rooster. If it was dark, then it is a hen. The sex link rooster is long gone, he was a vicious beast! He attacked my 2 year old and knocked her down for no reason while she was playing on the swingset. My wife was in the garden, jumped up and hit him with a shovel as he was going in for a second attack. That didn't even phase him! My wife's maternal instincts kicked in, and she went after that rooster for hurting her baby! I came home from work to find feathers all over the yard from a shotgun blast. From now on, as soon as a rooster becomes mean, we just make him dinner... We don't wait for an attack on the children.

Sex Link Rooster:

Sex link hens:

Do you think ours will grow white feathers later or is he just a little different in color markings?
    So far he hasn't gone after the girls its the Rhode Island Red that keeps attacking them. Today he got our two year old [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] , our processing appt is next week. I guess we are going to keep him the dog cage until then. The attacks just keep getting worst.
    Its too bad too, I love to wake up to the crowing in the morning. Whats a farm w/out the crowing?????
    [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .................... If this keeps looks like it will be a happier one.
    its 5 o'clock somewhere