Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding a 2nd story to pole barn?

Re: Adding a 2nd story to pole barn?

ROHO, After some research I bought from a (then) local branch of a national company (name escapes me but it is on side of container.) The containers were used but in very good condition, a few dents but serious problems had been cut out and patches welded in with nice workmanship. Relatively fresh paint job. Door seals were in good condition and all operating hardwar was in perfect order. The locking assemblies were already set up, I had to make no changes. The modification looked to be well engineered and competently installed. Standard "smash and grab" tools including crowbars, sledge hammers, any size bolt cutters, chisels and such would make for slow work. Not imposible, but a lot of hard work.

If the bad guy was thinking "out of the box" and came prepared to cut a new door hole in the wall with a portable plasma cutter or a regular cutting torch, or a good air chisel, or batterey operated angle grinder and a couple spare batteries then he could get in.

Most sneak thieves aren't so well equipped and don't want to risk taking a lot of time or making a lot of noise. I have seen lots of these containers at construction sites because they help control losses. I have seen commercial storage rental companies put in whole facilities by just lining up a bunch of containers and renting them out for storage. They come in smaller sizes too, down to about 10 ft long. I'm not sure about the smaller sizes as it has been about 5 years since I quit shopping for containers.

In some circumstances these containers are a real cost effective solution.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Adding a 2nd story to pole barn?

Pat will let questions on ConX's go for now with last comment! Took Daughter to Wally World 2day & seems they are using them for storage of lay a way xmas stuff! Good enough for them to keep stuff u gonna spend U'r money on save, secure & dry, got to be OK! Thanks for all details!!! roho