Thread: Looking for a used rim for 98 F-150, any leads?

Looking for a used rim for 98 F-150, any leads?

I had the rear seal on my F-150 replaced not too long ago and when the one rear wheel got put back on the guy didn't tighten the lug nuts. I never noticed it but after a month I started hearing a slaping noise when you put it in drive and reverse. Sounded just like a universal was going out so didn't think too hard on it. Finally checked the driveshaft and all was fine then as I was driving up a driveway I could hear it a lot better and realized it was coming from the back. My truck has aluminum rims and the fact the nuts were only finger tight allowed it to wear the holes out to large ovals as well as damage the center ring so that it no longer fits tight. All I need is one rim and Ford wants $392.20 for it. This is the only pic I have of my truck right now. I can get a better pic of the rim later today and post. I have talked to the garage where this was done and he is going to look at finding a reconditioned one for me but if I can find one elsewhere I would be happy to have more then one choice. I don't know of any late model junk yards around here that might have one from a totaled F-150. Thanks for your time.

Re: Looking for a used rim for 98 F-150, any leads?

My gues is that any half decent size tire store that also sells wheels has at least one of these out back as a pull off when they sold some guy a set of fancy wheels. Check the tire stores.