Thread: meat smokers

meat smokers

any one know where to get a medium size brinkman smoker at a good price. any one build a steel smoker and have any ideas or plans

Re: meat smokers

I found mine at Home Depot (quite a few years ago), paid I think around $69.95. Actually bought it in Florida and brought it home, as they weren't available here at all then. They are now. Kind of like electric kettles in reverse (Do you have 'em yet??) [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Ian M.
    Transferred to Nova Scotia, retired at the end of June 2009!!! And bought a tractor!!!

I do have a basic brinkman smoker that uses wood but its too small and I want to go to the bigger stuff. I would like to smoke 40 lbs of ribs at once or alot of chicken ect

I bought this Charbroil Bandera a year ago for $200. It'll cook 40 lbs of ribs and beg for more. I cooked a 32 lb turkey in it last Easter, hanging up like it was a custom fit. Pretty thin metal so it is a fuel hog and you have to tend the fire often but it'll turn out a bunch of tasty 'Q at a budget price.

Old refrigerators can be made to work quite well for smoking.