Thread: Business Plan?

Business Plan?

My DH and I own 5 acres and want to grow crops to sell at the farmer's market, eventually we want to expand to make this venture our full-time job.

I've read and been told that we need to start with a business plan. How do I write one? What needs to be included in it? If you own a business and wrote one, would you let me view it as an example?

I'm totally clueless about business, but seriously want to give our idea the best opportunity to succeed that I can.

Thanks,
    Yolanda

Re: Business Plan?

See the post below this one. Guide for business plan.

You can download the the pdf for free. About 280 pages, should give you a good start.

Here is another link directly to the page.

Gary

<font color="blue"> See the post below this one. </font color>

Am I missing something? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] The post below yours is now MINE!
    :: D A V E
    :: g a t o r b o y

Thanks!

I should have done a better search of the forums before I posted. I appreciate your patience.

Yolanda

First, I would suggest that you contact your state university Extension Service. They can provide a lot of help with the plan. Also, there are many resources on the web to help develop a business plan. If you're interested, I can email you some of the links.

I wrote a business plan for our operation. I located a half dozen plan outlines available on the web. Having some experience writing plans in the computer industry, I didn't find one that I thought met my needs. So I took features of several outlines to put mine together. If you're interested, I can email you some of the links.

Nope, your not missing anything. I'm giving lousy directions.

My poor use of terminology. What I meant to say was to see the topic posted in this forum under her topic. But even that is a poor description given that the topics move around in order depending on the replies and depending on how she views the posts.

Should have just posted the link.

Microsoft Small Business Planner can also help.
    "I hate lucky people, unless I happen to be the lucky person."- Cody Rehberg