Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security for a weekend cabin?

Re: Security for a weekend cabin?

I wanted to post a sign reading. "Caution severe tire damage possible, your tires, my rifle." My wife thinks that it would seem unfriendly so it didn't happen.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I hear ya on the signs....before metal got so ridiculous in price, I got some aluminum plate and silkscreened on it...

NO TRESPASSING
    Sighted in for 30-06
    You've now been warned

Then took a punch and knocked out a nice 4 shot "Clover Leaf" pattern centered above the "No Trespassing"

We've sat on the deck and watched people walk to the signs....look carefully around and then get the h#ll gone from the property...

Always good for a laugh [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

GareyD

Someone broke the window out of my cabin a few months back and vandalized the interior -- very disheartening.

I've been looking for a security/webcam system where I can monitor the security of my weekend property from home, as well as enjoy the view. I have not found a suitable/affordable system yet, though.

Be happy with just vandalism.

Our cabin got broken into and they KILLED SOMEONE and left him in there.

Luckily, we weren't the ones to find the poor sod. But it was quite a shock. They had tried to get in the back door, failed. Pried open a window (not enough room to crawl in) pried open a second window and got in.

We haven't had the trial yet, so the whole story about what they were up to hasn't come out. No signs of struggle. Just a body in the camp.. and they stole a half gallon of booze on the way out.

Unfortunately, remote houses and camps attract unwanted attention. I like the sign ideas, will be using them on our new house.

JP