Thread: Dewalt 12 nch slide compound miter saw.

Dewalt 12 nch slide compound miter saw.

Well, after prevous false starts and maintaining vigilence I found a web source for reconditioned De Walt slide compound miter saws at a price that finaly got me.

Including prompt UPS to the door, I paid $475 and pennies. (no tax... out of state)

It arrived in perfect working order with a new blade installed, new warranty, and instruction manual. I think I saved about enough over the local discount store price of $599 to buy some accessories. My trim carpenter has the same saw and says it is THE SAW.

My order was placed LATE on 9-17-2004, shipped on the 20th and was received about 3 days later.

I bought it from www.toolking.com cheper by a fair margin (especially since handling was only $6 and shiping was free) than any other source I could locate at the time.

I'm getting anxious to get the overhead door installed in my new shop and a door between the shop and house so I can have the temp alarm set up to cover the shop. Then I can be insured and feel comfortable about having my tools at the new house project.

I can hardly wait.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Re: Dewalt 12 nch slide compound miter saw.

I've gotten a ton of use out of my DW705 12" non-sliding. Enjoy the big daddy.
    Hazmat

Pat:
    That is one nice saw. Now for the long heavy duty bench for it"s permanent residence?

I've got a Dewalt power hand planer and router that were reconditioned. They are serving me well. Mine were purchased in a local Dewalt store.

Egon

Yesterday I was at the builders supply store where we got the majority of our materials for the new house. The guy who arranged for me to get a complementary De Walt 12 1/2 inch thickness planer thought I got a good deal on the miter saw. When I commented that I saved enough to buy the accessories (other than the portable table) he said he would see if I could get the accessories the same way I got the planer. We'll see.

I've been told this is THE SAW for large crown moldings and such. I've also been told I won't get so much use out of my radial arm after I get used to the slide miter as well. I'm not so sure about that.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The Radial arm can do all the miter can plus a bunch extra. It's just not as handy for the miter cuts.

Egon

Egon, MY old (4th or 5th handed, at least) Craftsman radial arm saw came with a lot of accessories including but not limited to:

disk sander, boring, dado, shaper, jigsaw, and things I haven't figured out yet. The shaper (I think) is a thick saw blade with 3 places to attach knives to cut a shape along the edge of a board. I found a few good uses for that (not including the ability to launch a good sized 2x4 at a window.) The miter may be wonderfull but you can't swing the blade parallel to the fence and rip with it.

The matching metal stand with 3 drawers and a storage bin for the radial arm saw came full with accessories, many of which I haven't used even when I figured out what they are. It came with the instruction book too but I haven't read all of it yet because all else hasn't failed.

[img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Pat [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] OH, P.S. I bought some mud flaps (AKA Splash Guards) via the web for the Toyota Prius A N D they are made in Canada. Just doiing my part for our friends up north.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    OH, P.S. I bought some mud flaps (AKA Splash Guards) via the web for the Toyota Prius A N D they are made in Canada. Just doiing my part for our friends up north.

[/ QUOTE ]

Extra drag! Probably kill your gas milage.
    Gary
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hey! Aren't you supposed to be working?

Gary, I actually thought of that but these are custom to fit the Prius and aren't very big, just a little deflection area where most needed. Not unatractive and probably most follks wouldn't even notice they were there. Who knows, maybe they will act like the winglets on the wingtips of airplanes and cancel out energy thief vortices and actually improve mileage at cruise speeds.

As I drive in mud and on gravelled roads I wanted to reduce the splatter of mud and uhh err ahh COW LEAVINGS as well as reduce stone chipping from gravelled roads.

As it turns out I get about 48MPG and my wife gets about 41-43. Interesting that when she had about 250 miles on a tank and registered 41.1, my driving brought it up to 45 before refueling at about 450 miles. The pump's auto cutoff didn't and I couldn't get a confirning calculation due to error caused by putting a pint on the ground. GRRRRR! So far it seems that the computer does pretty good with the mileage calcs.