[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] All the time I was out there in the business world scratching and clawing a living out of the entrepreneural landscape [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I had an idea in the back of my mind that once I retired I might go into teaching. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Well, now is the time! [img]/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I have been taking night classes to get my certification to teach grades 7-12 as a sub. I have a college degree and am competent in many solid subjects, so I only have to learn "classroom mechanics" and how to teach in today's out-of-control litigious atmosphere. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] In modern classrooms it is all about protecting yourself from the kids whose goal it is to accuse you of SOMETHING so they can get money in a lawsuit or wreck your teaching career. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I only have two more evening classes to take at sub skool, and have already begun the background and fingerprint check needed to be certified. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Subbing is just about the best gig going out here in the sticks; they pay about a hundred per day. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]