Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predator Fence

Re: Predator Fence

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    fence with about 3' underground on the outside 6' high with angled wire at the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this again, if you would. "underground" means another fence 3' out from the 6' fence? Just trying now to visualize your fence plan, not trying to be critical. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I mean a 6' high fence,chain link, with the chain link material extending 3' out from the vertical portion,slighty undergound. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the ideas.
    Gettin Back To My Country Roots

Basically it's laid flat (horizontal) and buried just deep enough to hide it. When something starts to dig and they run into the flat chainlink/chickenwire or whatever, they can't go any further and it's hard on their feet. A lot of kennels that can't monitor dogs outside have begun putting down fencing on the inside of their yards in this manner to prevent digging out.

I did use some wire to whip stitch the flat fence to the upright fence. (Probably could have used rings too.) It helps keep anything from being able to squeeze through under the upright portion of fence.

I'm glad you explained you meant flat, 3' deep was going to take a whole lot of digging. [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Steve

So do you think what I have described will keep yotes from getting at my pups? Yotes couldn't climb a fence could they?
    Gettin Back To My Country Roots

I have personally experienced a Cocker Spaniel sized Springer Spaniel clear a 6' fence by jumping over it with nothing but an 8' running start, twice in about 5 minutes and also saw a Foxhound about 3' off the ground on her way to climbing over a 6' high chainlink fence.
    I have also heard stories of thin muzzled dogs eating their way through chainlink. Using a small mesh and heavy ga. wire would help prevent this, but it still isn't failsafe and adds greatly to the cost of the fencing.
    I wouldn't put a coyote beyond doing anything to get at something they want to.