Thread: I can' take anymore hurricanes!

I can\' take anymore hurricanes!

Three hurricanes have been enough for me. Jeanne was the worst for me, since it had 12 hours of hurricane force winds. I had sustained 2min average winds of 86mph gusting over 100mph. The next day I was still getting gusts of 75mph. Anyway, my chicken coop was destroyed, one chicken crushed. The chickens insisted in roosting on the remains of the coop. The next night coyotes got 4 of them. My children's 1,000lb play set blew over and what a chore to fix that! These storms are starting to give me too much work and debt! Although, I am much more fortunate than other people. Here are some pictures.

Re: I can\' take anymore hurricanes!

More pictures:

The play set:

This is my Mother's house.

Sorry to see that. I don't know what to say. We that don't have to deal with those things don't know how lucky we are.
    Gettin Back To My Country Roots

Sure sorry to hear you got hit that hard, Joe. Hope you all recover OK.

Joe, whew...can I relate. I have been sharing some of our experiences here in Wauchula, but as you said, Jeanne was no doubt the longest in duration, and was one of the most vicious.

We got most of our damage from Charley. By the time Frances and Jeanne came through, everything that could have been knocked down, torn up or blown away...already had. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My husband and I rode out Jeanne in the truck, parked against the tractor which served as a wind break. We stayed there for the first half and went back in the mobile home for the second. It was eye opening, but we did all right.

I keep telling people that we live in a thirty year old raggedy mobile home and nobody believes me. They believe me even less when I tell them that it's been through three major hurricanes, and we are still living in it. We have some leaks, some mold, and all our sheds, outbuildings and animal shleters are gone. But we're still here. We lost sveral piglets and a few chickens, and a couple of sows, but we gained six litters of piglets and a new calf. Give and take, I reckon. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry it took me so long to respond, but I haven't had a phone all week and I use dialup. I have been working outside all week, and it has been hot! Things are getting back to normal slowly... The local stores finally got milk, so the children are happy to have it with their cereal. I forget that we take certain things for granted.

Joe