Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshmallow gun

Marshmallow gun

Attached is a picture of a gun that shoots mini-marshmallows.
    A great hit at kids parties. Adults will have a blast also.
    Parts cost less than $1/gun.

Have fun and enjoy.
    Do a search on "marshmallow" on this site. This all started with what to do with the marshmallows afterwards. (bottom line was leave them, rain will dissolve).

Re: Marshmallow gun

Excellent bc! Our models are very similar but use an elbow at the back with a short leg going down. Makes for a second handle. As I said in the other thread, I suspect the lengths and such don't matter much.

I like the grey/white contrast. Ours are all white. Kids seem to like taking them apart and reconfiguring as much as shooting with them [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Rob

As I found out at the party, the plan given to the kids (which is what I attached) wasn't set in stone. The bigger kids (and adults) had all kinds of derivations.

Maybe I should edit my previous post to say to avoid using a mallet so they can re-configure.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The bigger kids (and adults) had all kinds of derivations.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Like maybe turning the tee the blow hole is attached to so as to bring the barrel up to eye level for accurate sighting.
    [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I have got to make me one of these... just to show the neighbors of course. I don't believe anyone around here has seen one of these or I would have seen one myself by now.

Great pic!

Hey Fred,
    That would probably work just fine, except... You'll have to watch out for recoil. [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Don't want to poke your eye out.
    Another derivation that came up was to take the lower hand grip and barrel and repeat out the end. You now have 2 hand grips and a 20"+ barrel

[img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] recoil [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm the guy who brings the rain to a parade.

This toy could prove deadly if wielded by someone with HIV, perhaps?
    [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

JazzDad

Personally, I wouldn't/don't worry about it. [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Why? Are they allergic to marshmellows [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    I thought spit through the air was an early days myth about ways to contract the virus. I could be wrong, but aren't there or wasn't there athletes competing that were infected (Magic Johnson, Tommy Gun/whatever his name is, the boxer)? And they were allowed to compete after it was known? I thought the presence of air prevented transmission.
    Sheesh, by that logic I guess the kids shouldn't blow out the candles either.

#1) HIV/AIDS can NOT be contracted through spit. BLOOD and other "Special Jucies" (&lt;- funny euphimism based on lack of better words) are the only methods to contract HIV/AIDS. Because it is hard to get someone elses blood in ur bloodstream, the mostlikely way is sex, thus why it is called an STD

#2) hows this for a marshmallow gun: http://brwyatt.home.comcast.net/mars...mm2/index.html
    I made it... cost around $5 total using 3/4" pipe (1/2" is usualy used!)

any feed back would be nice... E-Mail: brwyatt@comcast.net

and BTW, it works GREAT both as a shotgun AND single-shot!