Our border collie has the run of our land and at night sleeps on our front porch. This evening I heard her jump off and started to bark her alarm bark. Then I heard her yipping and fighting w/ something. I got the door open to find two coyotes fighting her and they had her down. She was definely losing. Of course I started yelling at them and her and they started running off(not scared of me, just leaving as they had been interrupted), my brainless dog got up and started running after them. Once they went pass the road she stopped and came back....
She is fat, about 15 lbs over weight but she isn't in bad health or hurt or weak, Why on earth would they attack her? The house light was on and they were fighting almost at my front door. Of course, once again, I'm the only one home, they always visit when the husband is gone. I swear they can smell my fear of being here alone, of course I'm kidding. But on the non-kidding end, I was under the understanding that they were small game hunters. Has anyone encounter this? Of course when my husband is trying to bait them in, they never come. This is the 4th sighting in 2 weeks, why are they moving now?? Any hunters out there w/ advice?? I have small children and I have to say that they have my mommy radar going off BIG time...